Monday, July 5, 2010

Strawberries and cream muffin tops

So, how many of you get a nice scrumptiously delicious muffin and only eat the top with the crumbly part? I don't. I actually enjoy the whole muffin. In fact I generally prefer the bottom part. I tend to not be the norm however. My husband especially just loves the top with crumbly stuff on top. Therefore I have been toying with the idea of Muffin Tops. That's right. Just the top part WITH the crumbly deliciousness. I am happy to say I have now PERFECTED my idea. Including the yummy crumbly deliciousness. It is my pleasure to introduce to you the Strawberries and cream Muffin tops. Ta Da!


Like I said, even the crumbly top.

It took me 3 tries to perfect this idea. First there were, blueberry white chocolate muffin tops. They were good but too big and too sweet for my taste. The consensus from my salon, however, was that they were delicious. Even the pregnant coworker who didn't like much of anything liked them. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist though. Then I tried banana chocolate chip muffin top. That one failed miserably, but I am determined to try that one again. And then strawberries went on sale and I thought it was time to try again. I have to say that these are absolutely fabulous and sooooo scrumptious. I used strawberries but you could pretty much use any fruit.

Strawberries and Cream Muffin Tops
1/2 Cup softened Cream Cheese
6 Tablespoons of butter
2 eggs
whisk these 3 ingredients together until creamy
2 1/4 Cup flour
1 Cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cup chopped strawberries/blueberries/raspberries/blackberries/mix of all.
mix together thouroughly in a large bowl. Then add creamed ingredients and fold together. Add just enough milk to make all ingredients moist. Your dough will be lumpy. This is a good thing. Do not over mix.
1/8 Cup to 1/4 cup milk or evaporated milk.
CRUMBLY TOP-(I don't know how I feel about sharing this secret)
2/3 Cup white chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons butter
Melt. Start with 30 sec then stir. If not smooth heat for an additional 10 sec at a time. If it start to get grainy to not heat anymore just add flour.
3/4 cups of flour.
cut flour into butter and chocolate with knifes until crumbly.

drop muffin batter onto greased cookie sheet in 1/8 cup or 2 Tablesoon lumps. Kind of like cookies but a little bigger. Top with good amount of crumble. Bake at 350 for 15 min.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Those looks delicious!