Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I just realized I have no pictures of my dad. My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident in October of 2005. So, I would just like to say a few things in tribute to my dad. My dad was a great man. He was definately not perfect. In fact, he was far from perfect. He had many trials in his life and a lot of it was brought on him by himself. Yet, he was a great man. When he worked, he was one of the best at what he did. He had 11 children and had, in more ways then one, played at least some role in making them who they are today. The last year I had with my dad was probably the best our relationship had ever been. In the end he overcame some of his most difficult trials and also gave my wonderful mother an awesome year of marriage. He loved her and spent that time showing her that he loved her. I am very greatful for that. I am very grateful for EVERYTHING my father taught me and greatful for that last year we had together. I believe all of us Proffitt children learned our manipulation and working the sysem skills from my Dad. Thomas Proffitt was very loving, very hard to deal with, generous, kind, selfish, ambitious, a loving father of 11 and a husband to 1. I miss him dearly and love him very much.

1 comment:

Jenny Johnson said...

That is such a sweet post! I got a little teary eyed reading it!

P.S. I totally know what you mean about the firends thing.