Thursday, July 16, 2009

Julie & Julia

My sister in law, Katie, happened to snag 4 tickets to the new movie Julie & Julia. She kindly gave me 2 of the tickets. Bryce said I should take my mom instead of him, which was very thoughtful. So, I did. My mom and I along with Katie and my mother in law all went and saw this movie. For FREE!!! Oh how I love sneak previews.

I must say that this is probably the best movie I've seen in a very long time. Years maybe. Brilliantly written, Hilariously funny, with wonderful acting and great casting.
Maryl Streep was, as always, amazing in her role and so so so much fun. She totally nailed Julia Child. Love her.

Amy Adams was also amazing. Her hair sucked throughout the entire movie but she was still purely delightful to watch.

Now, the women is this movie were great, however, the movie would have sucked hard without the men in their lives. Both had husbands. Both had realistic yet amazing husbands. In the movie anyways.



The movie would not be any good without the men supporting roles. And, they as well, were brilliantly cast. They make %50 of this movie. Women and men equally amazing in his movie. Which is great, I think.

Whoever the screenwriter was for this movie should do so many more movies. Writing for this years movies has been subpar. If you've seen 'Knowing' you know what I'm talking about. This movie is Hilarious. I laughed the whole time. But smart and well written hilarious. I recommend everyone see it. Even you men out there. I plan on owning it the day it comes out on video. It was soooo much fun. THANKS KATIE!!! And thank you sweet husband for thinking of me and letting my mother come along instead of you. It was sooo much fun and Because you haven't seen it I have an excuse to go again when it hits theaters. Woo Hoo.




No comments: