Thursday, August 13, 2009

Proffit family beach vacation 2009

Here are my pictures from this years beach vacation. These first few catch the true essence of the proffitt family at the beach.

Joy always with a baby in her arms.
babies and toddlers taking naps in cabanas on the beach.
This is what we do on the beach most of the time. Read. It's what we do. Check it out, even Kevin sitting in the back is reading a book.



The babies this years. There's at least one baby every year.


cute kids posing for pictures.
















Booker running with boogie board in tow.

This made me laugh. Even on vacation Gregs choice of reading was an orthodontist magazine. Several of them, I think.




We pack up every morning and spend about 7-8 hours on the beach every day. Lunch, extra clothes, diapers and wipes. Whatever we need, we find a way to get it there. This was the Garns method this year.

Babies tasting and getting to know sand for the first time.



This is our family spread along the beach this year, minus Cassie and Brandon. So picture it with one more blaket and cabana on one of the ends.


There were pigeons all around this year. There is every year. Well, for the first time, somone caught one. It was Brandon.

It was a fun trick that he and all the kids thougt was clever.




All I thought was, " Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you".

That's right, I caught one too.


BOO YAH!

Adders running around camp saying, " suuupperr Maaann!"



"I am suupperr Maannn."


The adult watching Pace play the guitar.


Everyone watching pace play the guitar.

I swear Kylee has a 6th sense for cameras. No matter how off gaurd I think I'm catching her, she's looking right at me and looking gorgeous. It's odd. I don't know how she does it.


this is what I got when I asked Pace to open his eyes for a second. Nice huh?


Pace singing and Playing songs on the guitar. Most of which were penned by his own hand.Jannalee
Dax and Zanya playing together.
Dax and JaremRuthie




























6 comments:

sherry said...

Cute, Callie, you got some great pictures. I love the last one of Zan. The lighting is fabulous. (by the way, it is Tate reading a book, not Kevin;)

marcie said...

fun stuff! Big families are so fun especially on trips like that!

Old Man Wise said...

Dang, I wish I was part of your family for vacationing. What a blast! We never hit up the beach this year and I am totally craving it.

Rachel said...

way fun. it looks like your family had a blast out there basking in the sun.

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

No Sherry, I said check out Kevin behind them reading too. Kevin is sitting behind tate and the entire row of readers, reading a book as well.

Cassie said...

Callie, thats it! Its on now...
Next year Im going to catch a seagull and insert it into my mouth.

Brandon